Have you considered all the IT and Telecom issues related to an office move? An office relocation is a complex undertaking and Kamtech IT Solutions is here to help. A well-planned office IT and Telecom relocation makes the difference between being fully operational and fully productive on the morning after your relocation; versus having chaos, angry customers, and frustrated staff.
- Involve your IT service provider early in the relocation process.
- When planning the design of the new space, take into account the space and power required to support your IT network infrastructure.
- Determine who will be installing the voice and data cables.
- Check availability of Internet service providers and voice carrier services, preferably in advance of signing the lease for your new space.
- When you decide on an Internet and voice provider, make sure you place the order far enough in advance so that the services are active by the move in date.
- Use the office relocation as a chance to evaluate your telephone system – an office move is the perfect time to upgrade to a VOIP telephone system.
- Plan for any outages (or required service overlapping if you want to limit or avoid outages).
- Make sure you have tested your backups prior to moving.
- Determine if you are moving or replacing your IT equipment.